The Abicana webstore - help for varicose veins and spider veins
Back to main menu - hobby and rc models, health, fitness and training, sexual products, car equipment, skincare, fashion and jewelry, electronics, music instruments
More products to help for health problems - in the digestion, joints, genitourinary system, nervous system, circulation, hormonal ballance, respiratory organs, skin, metabolism and more
|Products to increase fitness, beauty, potency and working capacities. Items to help you combat aging and restore youthfull properties in your skin, circulatory system, muscles, joints, digestive system, senses, genitals, brain and nerves.|
To read more about varicose veins and spider veins, please scroll down.
Help against Varicose Veins and spider veins
Welcome to this presentation of products for natural treatment of varicose veins and spider veins. Speider veins are varicose veins in the skin. Down on this page you will also find some information about the causes of this disease, how it develops, and some practical advices to help cure varicose veins.
You can also find some products against rosacea here. Rosacea has as a main symptom widened veins, especially in the face, but by rosacea the smallest veins are delated . This is mostly seen as a chronic redness in the skin, and mostly without a clear apparence of the single veins.
Natural oral drugs for varicose veins, spider veins and other conditions with videned blood vessels
Newton RX - Homeopathic oral medicine against varicose veins
- A tincture to treat varicose veins and to be used by mouth, usually blended in water.
Tonic to make your veins stronger and help heal from weaknesses like varicose veins
Pills help for vein weakness, including varicose veins
Pills to treat rosacea or chronic red skin - Rubactum
- Rosacea is a chronic condition in the skin, and especially in the face, whith
chronically red skin as the main symptom. The condition usually develops slowly
over many years. The cause of the red skin are fine vessels that are permanently
relaxed and as the time goes also the vessel tissues becomes flaccid and widened.
The condition can resamble spider veins, but by rosacea the widened vessels
are the thinnes ones, so that the unique vessels are mostly not seen. These pills
are formuloated to treat rosacea.
Please click here to read more or buy - Rubactum
Salves, lotions and ointments for varicose veins and spider veins
Lotion to treast varicose veins
Gel to treat varicose veins and spider veins
Treatment balm to counteract spider veins
Balm to treat spider vein and rosacea (cronical skin redness)
Elastic clothings and garments to help for varicer
Elastic lower body clothings to treast varicose veins - through these links you can find the exact size and variant you need.
Good sources of more elastic clothes and garments to treat varicose veins - The above exhibited products are only examples. Here are presented banner links to two good shops where you can find many more variants. The first shop specializes in medical clothings of all sorts. The other shop is a general low price warehouse where you can find a lot of other product categories too. Medical products, hobby products, clothes and electronic items are great categories in this shop.
Hemorrhoids are varicose veins in the rectal zone, and have causes similar to varicose veins elswhere. An important causal factor is increased pressure inside the veins. This increase pressure is again due to digestive problems. Here are presented two good natural drugs against hemorrhoids.
Avatrol - pills to help for hemorrhoids - Oral pills for hemorrhoid treatment. Helps for hemorrhoids of the external and internal type,
iching caused by hemorrhoids, pain and swelling form hemorrhoids, and for red blood in
the stool caused by bleeding hemorrhoids. To order the product or to learn more than is presented here, please
click on the link.
Please click here to learn more or buy - Avatrol
- Suppositories for local treatment of
hemorrhoids. By clicking at the link you also find other products to treat
hemorrhoids to be taken by mouth or applied locally.
Pleace click here - Oiron Avenoc (Hemorrhoids) - 12 Suppositories
To see more products against digestive problems please go here
Supplements to help
Excessive weight can increase the pressure down against areas in the lower body and legs and contribute to cause varicose veins.
Proshape - a multimodal working slimming aid
- Helps slimming this way: It elevates
fat burning, renders you more active, reduces an excessive appetite and decreases
the deposition of fatand sugar that you consume as stored fat.
Exitor - to increase your fat breakdown:
- Helps to reduce weight by increasing fat burning and
elevating your energy to make you more active than before. This
product does not affect uptake of fat and sugar from the intestines.
Pleace click here to learn more or buy
Some other health remedies
Vitamine and mineral blendings to cover an average vitamin need - Most men and women will find ll the vitamins and minerals they need in these blendings.
Multivitamin: Balance Point for Women
Multivitamin: Balance Point for Men
A huge inventory of makeup, fragrances and other cosmetics - also treatments products for
skin problems -In this store you can find nearly all high
quality cosmetic products manufactured in the world for reduced prizes. Ypu also
find products for prevention and cure of any type of skin problems: acne, rashes, sun-damage,
cellulites, thin skin, edema, miscolored skin, etc.
CURE OR SUPPORT against many specific diseases - Medicines to be taken by mouth
- Acne, aging symptoms, AIDS, allergies, Alzheimers disease/dementia, angina,
arthritis (osteoarthritis), arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis), asthma, attention
deficit disorder (ADD), breast cancer, burns, carpal tunnel syndrome,
cholesterol, cronic bronchitis, chronic cough, chronic fatigue sydrom, cognitive
problems, colds and flue, congestive heart failure (CHF), Crohn`s disease,
depression, diabetes mellitus type 1, diabetes mellitus type 2, eczema, edema,
endometriosis, fatigue, fibromyalgia, hair loss, herpes simplex, hyperlipidemia,
hypertention, obesity, otitis media
Please click here to find the right product
Please click here to see all disease treatment products
Please click here to see products to improve health and general condition
For all kinds of skin care products and products to fight, aging, please see here
An exhibition of products to enhance sexual potency and satisfaction
To see all types of products, please go here
Some in depth knowledge about varicose veins or varicer, and spider veins
Varicose veins, varicer, is a common ailment by which the veins in the legs or other body parts expand and get thick and twisted and may form fields of irregularly twisted venous structures. The condition is mostly seen in veins under the skin, but can occur in deeper veins.
Spider veins are varicose veins in thinner vessels laying nearer to the surface of the skin. They are often branched in a spider-like fashion.
Varicose veins usually develop gradually when a person is over 40 years old. Spider veins however, can occur from the early teens.
Here is some in depth knowledge about varicose veins, about diagnosis, and about treatment modalities.
Some anatomical and physiological knowledge about veins
Veins are the blood vessels carrying the used blood back to the heart and lungs. Veins have valves spaced at some distance from each other along their internal path, that hinder the blood from running in the wrong direction.
Veins also help to pump the blood back to the heart. When the muscles in the body contract, the vein walls are pressed a little together. Then the blood is pressed to move, but since the valves hinder the blood to move backward, it will be pressed in the direction towards the heart.
What are varicose veins
Varicose veins are veins that have become delated, and often also twisted or disfigured. The dilation usually occurs just above the valves in the beginning.
At some stage the leaflet of the valves in the dilated veins do not work effectively anymore in pumping the blood back to the heart.
At this stage the blood gathers in the deepest place of the vein, and here the vain can become grossly inflated.
Varicose veins very often occur on the legs. An even more common place for varicose veins is the rectal area. In this case they are called hemorrhoids. Varicose veins more seldome occur in other places, but they can occur everywhere.
External and deep varicose vein
Most often varicose veins occur just under the skin, and they are then called external varicose veins. They may however occur deep between the muscular areas of for example the legs. Such varicose veins gives more often serious venous trombosis.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The first symptoms of external and therefore visible varicose ceins are often just enlarged veins, but the valves in the vains may be clearly recogized as harder, darker and a little wider than the rest of the vein.
Gradually more typical symptoms develop. There will be inflated and twisted vein portions in which the area around the valves are most prominent, and these protions are bluish of color. By further development the area around and just above the valves get grossly swallen.
Internal varicose veins are not seen clearly this way.
Other symptoms of varicos veins are:
- The legs ache and are felt heavy
- Swelling of an entire leg or a portion of the leg.
- Brownish-blue skin discoloration around the veins.
- The skin may also darken because of aggregation of vaste products.
- The skin over the ancle can shrink and at the same time there is hardened fat under the skin (lipodermatoscerosis)
- An urge to move the legs that can only be alleviated by steadily moving the legs. The feeling often have the character of cramping, creeping of ants or small elctric shocks. (Restless leg syndrome)
- Far developed varicose veins can rupture and cause bleeding.
Complication of varicose veins
The blood in the delated veins can coagolate. There can also develop blood clots in varicose veins, valled venous trombosis. Thereby a vein with varicose delation can get clogged. Sometimes a blood clot from a varicose vein is carried by the blood stream to the lungs or the brains causing pulonary embolsm or stroke.
Furthermore the deleted veins can get inflamed and infected. Such additional complications will increase the dilation and the symptoms.
Sometimes the varicose veins causes serious disturbances of the draining of blood from an area and severe swelling of the leg (edema).
Varicose vains can sometimes cause skin tissue destruction and soars that will not heal.
Sometimes varicose veins may rupture and cause the contents to be emptied and then cause bleeding. The bleeding can sometimes be life thretening.
The pain and edema from the varicose vains can be so great that it is impossible to stand or walk for a period.
What causes varicose veins
A factor causing varicose veins is an increased pressure over longer time in the area where the dilated veins occur. This increased pressure can be caused by:
- Heavy lifting or exagerated weight training over a longer period.
- Standing still in longer times. For a person doing so, there will be an increased pressure in the legs combined with lack of pumping action of the blood towards the heart.
- Over-weight. Over-veight increases the pressure down on the lower body regions and make veins inflate.
- Edema, or excessive water assambing in the body, caused by other disease conditions.
- Increased abdominal pressure, and this again can be caused by digestive problems.
- Pregnancy, especially if the pressure down on the legs are not relieved by elevating the legs when resting.
- Lack of excercise or muscular activity. In this case the blood will not be pumped efficiently back to the heart, and blood and body fluid (lymph) will gather in the lower body.
- Some people report that a diet with little carbohydrates, little fruit and vegetables and high protein content causes or worsens varicose veins. This may however just seem so because such diet make loose body fat and make loose weight and then the varicose veins get more clearly visible. Adding much fruit and vegetables to the diet is reported to prevent this effect, and the diet will still make you loose weight.
Also weakness in the tissue of the veins contribute to the develpment of varicose veins. The causes of such veakness can be:
- Heredity. Varicose veins are more common in some families than others. Teenage spider veins seem even to be congenital to some extend.
- Women have a greater tendency to develop varicose veins that men.
- Physical injury to an area can cause weknesses that contribute to the development of varicos eveins.
- Aging. Varicose veins develope more easily in elder persons than younger.
- Spider veins can also be caused by excessive sun exposure to an area.
- Hormonal changes can cause spider veins.
The prevalence of varicose veins
Varicose veins are vey common in persons from the middle age. Women are slightly more often affected than men. Around 50% of americans have this problem to some degree.
How to cure or alleviate varicose veins and spider veins
How to prevent and treat varicose veins by lifestyle measures
The best way to prevent varicose veins is a healthy lifestyle, including.
- Watching the weight. A heavy weight will increase the pressure down upon the lower areas of the body and a weight reduction will greatly decrease this cause factor.
- Eating healthy food.
- Having enough physical activity.
- Avoidig prolonged and frequent heavy strains.
- Avoiding prolonged standing.
- Avoiding continous sitting still at the same place.
- The same measures can help to alleviate the condition.
Dietary supplements and topical drugs for treatment of varicose veins
Several herbal extracts can help to alliviate the diconfort by varicose veins and stimulate the veins to heal. The ingredients can be supplied orally as tablets to eat or externally as topical products. The supplements work on three fronts:
They help the veins to constric and relax more dynamically at the appropriate time, so that the veins more easily empty themselvs in the direction towards the heart.
They provide nutrients that promotes tissue healing and regaining of the elastic properties of the tissues.
They stimulate the activities that clean out clogging of the vains.
Some ingredients used in supplements against varicose veins:
- Horse chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum)- Horse chesnut helps to restore a healthy collagen structure and tissue architecture of veins. It helps the veins to work normally and helps against edema. It further helps against inflammation. These effects in turn makes it effective in reducing leg size, leg pain and leg heaviness, and can be comparable to compression stockings in decreasing leg volume.
- Butcher's Broom (Ruscus aculeatus)- Butcher's Broom (Ruscus aculeatus) - Butcher's broom helps the veins to contract and dilate dynamically and thereby reduces the blood pooling in veins. It helps against tissue swelling. It also has a protective effect on capillaries, the walls of blood vessels, and smooth muscleand helps healing of these tissues.
- Gotu kola (Centella asiatica)- Gotu kola helps to heal the structure of the tissue that supports the veins. It decreases lower leg edema and improves lower leg circulation. It appears to improve metabolism of the connective tissue in the vessel wall.
Grape seed (Vitis vinifera)- Grape seed (Vitis vinifera) - Extracts of grape seeds contain proanthocyanidins and procyanadins, which strengthen the connective tissue structure of blood vessels and have antioxidant effects that protect the tissues The herb helps against the subjective feelings of heavy/tired legs, sensation of tension in the legs, tingling sensations in the legs and pain in the legs It further reduces leg circumference and improves circulation in small blood vessels.
Treatment of varicose veins by gymnastics and massage
Heavy weightylifting or similar activities can aggravate varicose veins, but other kind of gymnastics can help alleviate or cure the condition.
Gymnatics of the kind where one actively moves the limbs will greatly help the blood circulation and alleviate the condition. An example of this is pilates. Also all kind of sport activities that give extensive movements of the legs and arms are good. Swimming is perhaps the very best of these activities.
Regular stretching exercises will always be good, and of these physical yoga may be the very best.
Classical massage where the therapeut strokes along the limbs in the direction of the blood stream with various pressure to reach various depth can help against the condition.
Traditional non-surgical methods for treatment of varicose veins
Elevating the legs or affected area regularly helps to relieve the symptoms.
To use elastic stockings (graduated compression stockings) can reduce swelling, improve blood flow foreward and improve the nutritional state of the tissue, and thereby help alleviating the condition. However, such treatment can worsen the over-all condition if there is also arterial disease present.
Anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and aspirine are sometimes useful when there is blood clots (thrombosis) combined with inflammation (thrombophlebitis) in superficial varicose veins.
Surgical way of treating varicose veins
The traditional surgical treatment of varicose veins, is to cut the ends of the vein and pull the vain out. Since this is usually done by superficial varicose veins, and these do not carry much blood back to the heart, the blood flow is not usually seriously affected by this method. Since this method is a total removal of the varicose vein, and not any cure of the sick vein itself, the method will weaken the blood stream through the limb. If only one vein is removed and the process is not repeated, the veakening effect will be small, but by multuple removals of varicose veins, the blood streams may be badly affected.
A newer surgical method is going into the vein by a laser instrument or a microwave instrument and burn the clogging out from the inside. These instruments are guided by ultrasound viewing. Not all patient report good results with these treatment modules. Some patient report that the veins get more prominent after the treatment.
Another new surgical mecthod is to destroy the vein by injecting a foam that hardens and scars the affected vein, so that the blood stream is directed through healthier routes.
For spider veins it is also possible to burn avay the spider-like patterns by laser treatment from the outside.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease in the rectal weins or another area. This information is nutritional in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.