The Abicana Webstore - help for fibromyalgia, pain in muscles and joints, and exhaustion
Go here to find: Products to rejuvenate, detox, improve function and enhance beauty in all body regions and functions: The skin, the digestion, the joints and muscles, the blood circulation, the genitals and the mental functions. Slimming aids. Muscle growth stimulants. Help to grow more head hair or take away body hair.
Click here for: Products for men and women to increase potency and sexual satisfaction and to solve problems with the shape, size and function of the sexual organs.
Click here for: An exhibition of natural products to combat common diseases in all body regions: The skin, the digestion, the joints and muscles, the blood circulation, the nervous system, the urogenital system, the nervous system. Help for hormonal or systemic ailments like hypothyroidism, diabetes, allergies and lymphedema.
Back to main menu of all types or products: Hobby, automotive, fashion, health, electronics
Knowledge about fibromyalgia
About chronique fatigue syndrome or chronic tiredness
Help for painful areas in muscles or joints, lack of energy and fatigue due to fibromyalia and other causes
On this site you will find natural products based on herbs, vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants to help against fibromyaligia or for sore points or areas in muscles and joints combined with fatigue or other general symptoms.
You will also find some advices to alleviate or take away symptoms by fibromyalgia or similar conditions and some advices against chronic exhaustion and fatigue, a symptom of fibromyalgia and many other conditions.
Please click at the banner or links to learn more or buy.
Anatrin pills - Help against
fibromyalgia, or pain in muscles or joints combined with fatigue or other
- Anatrin may help for fibromyalgia and similar condition by providing nutrients with these specific effects: Increased energy, reduction of pain in muscles and joint areas, reduced inflammation, better mood, less fatigue. Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide), Ascorbigen Powder, Rhodiola Rosea extract, Ginger Root extract, 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan), Melatonin Powder- 1, Malic Acid, Magnesium Stearate.
Please click here to buy or learn more - Anatrin
Pills to help for tenderness and ache in muscles, joints and tendons, as by fibromyalgia
Therapain rade Plus Spray - a spray to help by fibromyalgia and similar symptoms
This is a topical spray to relieve pain and unpleasant symptoms from tender points and areas in muscles, joints and tendons, as by fibromyalgia
Natural drugs to help against mental and physical exhaustion and lack of energy as by chronic fatigue syndrome or hypothyroidism
Exgaustion, tiredness and lack of energy are not symptoms that come by themseles. They are often the result of lack of nutrients, of over-use of body and mind or a consequence of aging. These products has the aim of strengthening the body and mind on many levels and thereby they may help you to combat exhcaustion in addition to other good effects. The products may help by chronic fatigue syndrom (CFS) of by other causes of fatigue and depletion of energy.
A natural product to combat chronic
fatigue, mental dullness and lack of energy
Help for lack of energy and other symptoms due to sluggish thyroid glands
- Helps against thyroid deficiency and associated symptoms:
Fatigue, obesity, coldness in hands/feet/ears, low blood pressure,
yellow hand color, dry skin and hair, poor memory, depressive feelings, unnormal appetite for sugar, decreased blood circulation, itching or rashes, constipation, low metabolic rate. Here are two good products to help for sluggish thyroid. Please click at the links to read more and choose the product that suits you best.
Click here to buy or learn more - Thyax
Help for sleep problems and fatigue caused by sleep issues - A 3-parts sleep therapy set
This set contains the herbal sleep pills Altertil. A CD with musical patterns
that relaxe in such a way thet the nesx step is a good sleep. A delicious tea with relaxing herbs. A working ingredient is an extract of valerian root with an 8% standardized valerianic acid content. Valerian root is a long proven means against sleep
problems. Another constituent is L-thryptophan. This substanse improves sleep by
inceasing the amount of serotonine in the brain.
Help for mental exhaustion, poor memory and difficulties with focusing and concentration - Brain Pills - These pills will help you learn and meomrize more effectively and more effectively mobilize meorized information for use. They will make you more allert and able to better recognize patterns and happenings. They will help you think quicker and manipulate more complex information while thinking. They will take a way mental exhausetion and make you able to endure harder mental work and work mentally longer time.
VigRXPlus - pills for men to increase the sexual energy and thereby give large, hard and long lasting erections. Also to make you feel more intense good sensations and get stronger orgasms - please click here
Provestra - pills for women to increase the sexual energy and thereby induce lust for sex, good pelvic sensations, better lubrication, stronger engorgement and more intense orgasmic reactions. Also to reduce discomfort during menstruation and other stressful periods - please click here
A great exdhibition of many more products to increase sexual energy, boost good feelings, amplify orgasms, increase potency and solve problems in the sexual functions - please go here
Supplement to stimulate vitality, and restore youthful body
Products for men and women to solve genital problems and increase potency, sexual appetite and satisfaction - please go hereproperties
- Lack of energy and feeling of
exhaustion are two symptoms that often come as one is aging. This formula consist of vitamines,
minerals, anti-oxydants and stimulators. It will help to stimulates physiological
functions on many levels and thereby increases the bodily and mental energy, protect against free radical damage and to
stimulate tissue regeneration. It also help you to regain a youthful proportion between fat and muscle mass and skin thickness
Help against other health problems
Help for pain, stiffness and weakness in the joints
- Because of general aging, sport injuries, inflammations and wearing during work, many people get painful, stiff and degenerate joints. This product can help you get rid of aching in the joints, make your joints flexible again and restore former integrity.
RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS - Exomine
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammation that triggers
the synovial membrane to grow outside its limits and hurt the joints and the
surroundings. This natural drug helps to alleviate pain, decrease inflammation
and induce tissue healing.
Click here to buy or learn more - Exomine RH
MORE PRODUCTS for help by problems in the muscles, joints and scheleton, natural drugs for mental and neurological problems and for other ailmentsThis link leads to a shop where you can find oral products to help for common problems in all organ systems. You also can find products for the heart and blood circulation, the hormonal regulation, the urinary system and sexual organs, the nouse, throut and lungs, the digestive organs. You also find products to fight obesity, to relieve allergy and to enhance the defence against infections.
Please click here to find the right product
Please click here to see all health products
About fibromyalgia - Causes,
Symptoms and Treatment
Fibromyalgia is a chronic disease giving painful points in muscles and joint areas, stiffness and problems of neurological art like fatigue, sleep difficulties and depression of various degree. The disease develops gradually and can affect great parts of the body. It is chronic, but may give better and worse periods.
Fibromyalgia occurs in 3% to 6% of the general population, and is most commonly diagnosed in individuals between the ages of 20 and 50, though onset can occur in childhood.
The disease can make a person nearly unable to work an care for his daily life, but can also be less grave and only give a chronic nuisance in the daily life. There is no definit medical cure for fibromyalgia, but musch can be done to greatly alleviate or nearly take away the symptoms. Many of those measures are simple lifsetyle adjustments or simple natural treatment methods.
What symptoms does fibromyalgia give?
By fibromyalgia there are tender points in muscles, tendons and ligaments around the body so called trigger points. The points are especially common in the neighbourhood of the joints.
Tender areas in the mid parts of the muscles are fewer and with less pain. The points give a constant aching and a sharper pain by pressure. However, muscular work and exercise do not necessarily increase the pain. When the muscles are warmed up and in vigorous use, the pain may disappear or decrease for some time.
The pain is also strongly dependent upon the mental condition and mental attitude in the moment. If one is eagerly occupied with something interesting, the pain can nearly totally cease during the interesting activity.
The neck, shoulder area, hips, knee surroundings, jaw joint areas, head, face, and eye surroundings are especially often affected. When the neck and head area is affected, the pain often takes the form of a common headache.
Other symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
- Muscular stiffness, especially in the morning.
- Mental and physical fatigue.
- Poor quality of sleep. The deep part of the sleep is especially affected.
- Tense muscles
- Depressive feelings or more marked depression.
- Disturbed function of the colon, causing diarrhoea, constipation, pain and bloating.
- Irritable bladder, and frequent urge to urinate.
- Increased sensitivity to and irritability from sensorial stimuli, like light, sounds and touch.
- Dryness in mouth, eyes and skin.
- Painful menstruations
The disease does not give any distinct anatomical changes or inflammation in the first place, but the disease often causes inactivity and chronic tense muscles, and thereby poor muscular blood circulation. These factors can in time disturbe the body shape and give inflammatory reactions. However, one has recently found out that sufferers can have wider shunts between veins and arteries in the skin than the average population and that fibromyalgia tend to have blood serum reacting differently to antigenic tests that non-sufferers and sufferers of other rheumatic disorders.
What causes fibromyalgia and how does fibromyalgia develop?
It is not yet well understood how fibromyalgia is caused, but some factors often seem to be present before the disease begins to develop. Sometimes the upper part of the spinal region has suffered an injury. Sometimes there have been bacterial and viral infections before the first symptoms appear. Fibromyalgia sufferers also often have too less magnesium in their body.
The initial causes seem to change the production and secretion of transmitter substances in the brain and nervous system, especially serotonin, melatonin and substance P. Neurotransmitters carries signals from one nerve cell to another. Some signals from the central nervous system to the body may therefore be increased, and other decreased, producing the symptoms of the disease. The disturbed nerve signals then produce the following functional changes that give the symptoms of the disease:
- An increased activity in brain parts, giving anxiety and disturbing the deep sleep.
- A decreased activity in other brain parts, producing depressive symptoms.
- An increased muscular tension, espesially during sleep.
- An increased constriction in the blood vessels in the muscular and joint structures.
- Decreasing blood flow in the muscles and joint areas due to increased muscular tension and blood vessel constrictions.
- A decreased activity of glands producing saliva, sebum and tears.
Perhaps fibromyalgia is some kind of bad circle. Perhaps the central nervous system sends too much signals to muscles and blood vessels that increase the tonus (muscle tension) as resonce to the signals. This increased tonus then decreases the blood flow to muscles, tendons and joints. The decreased blood flow increases the accumulation of vaste products and give the areas too little oxygen. This abnormal state can then irritate nerves that send an increased amount of signals back to the brain. The signals that the brain resceives then exitates the brain that respond by keeping on sending excessive signals out to the body.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia often disappears if a person successfully manage to relax deeply mantally and physically, and this fact counts for this type of explanation The factor that triggered the brain to send too much signals in the first place could then be physical irritation, mental conflicts or a combination.
Treating fibromyalgia with systematic training
It is difficult to find a treatment that completely cures the disease, but a skillful combination of lifestyle measures and sometimes also medical treatment can take away most symptoms.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia can make it difficult to attain an active lifestyle. Yet, to do work, sport activities and hobby activities will decrease the symptoms and the consequences of the disease.
Regular training will greatly alleviate the symptoms of the disease. The training should engage all the muscles of the body and also include exercises that improve the condition.
A combination of muscle strength training as for example weight-lifting and condition training as jogging will be especially useful. Swimming exercises both the muscular strength and the condition at the same time, but the water should not be cold.
It is important for alleviating fibromyalgia to establish a regular training routine. It is not important how strong one works out. One must simply adjust the efforts to a level that the disease and physical condition permits. When a regular training routine is established, one finds out after some time that one manages more, and the ambition of the training can gradually be increased.
At every stage one adjust the training to a level that do not overstrain the muscles, but nevertheless gives a feeling of having worked out.
Relaxation techniques like autogenous training and meditation can help to normalize the function of the nervous system and increase the blood flow to the muscles.
Physical yoga can help to reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow and reduce anatomical defects in the joints and muscles.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia will often cause sufferers to believe that they manage less than they actually do. It may be useful for the sufferer from fibromyalgia to seek counselling to help him normalize his activity levels, or adopt a higher activity level compatible with his disease.
Treating fibromyalgia with a healthy diet
A healthy diet is important. The food should be as natural as possible, and include food sources like: Vegetables, fruit, full corn bread or cereals, nuts, almonds, fish, seafood, fouls and mushrooms.
You should avoid great amounts of fat meat, fat cheese or saturated fat from milk and red meat. You should also avoid great amounts of soy oil or corn oil. You should not use margarine and avoid food containing chemically altered fat. Great amounts of all the mentioned fat types tend to deteriorate the blood circulation and increase inflammatory reactions.
You should consume fish oil, olive oil, rape oil, canola oil, nut oil and sunflower oil, or food containing these type of fat like olives, nuts, sunflower seeds and fat fish, because the fat you then consume will decrease inflammatory reactions in the muscles and joint areas.
Treatment of fibromyalgia with drugs
Certain types of medication can be used to relieve the symptoms for a time, but should generally not be used permanently:
- Analgesics can reduce the pain in the tender points.
- Antidepressant can help to take away depressive feelings and improve the sleep. Low doses of sedating antidepressants (e.g. amitriptyline and trazodone) have been used to reduce the sleep disturbances that are associated with fibromyalgia, which are believed by some practitioners to exacerbate the symptoms of the disorder. Because depression often accompanies chronic illness, these antidepressants may provide additional benefits to patients suffering from depression. Amitriptyline is often favoured as it can also have the effect of providing relief from neuralgenic or neuropathic pain. Some doctors advise against using narcotic sleep aids ("hypnotics"), since these can lead to dependence.
Standard clinical doses of newer anti-depressants (SSRIs) like Citalopram (Celexa) are being used.
-Anti-seizure drugs are also sometimes used, such as gabapentin, and the newer drug pregabalin (Lyrica), originally used for the nerve pain suffered by diabetics.
- Muscle relaxant at bedtime can help to relax during sleep.
- Among the more controversial therapies in common use among some patients involves the use of the expectorant guaifenesin. The use of this agent originated from the thoughts of Dr. R. Paul St. Amand, hence the name St Amand's protocol. Many patients report improvement on this treatment, which in turn has inspired health care providers to incorporate it in their practice. However, the efficacy of guaifenesin in treating fibromyalgia has not been proven in properly designed research studies. Indeed, a controlled study conducted by researchers at Oregon Health Science University in Portland failed to demonstrate any benefits from this treatment.
- Milnacipran, a member of the new series of drugs known as serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), is available in parts of Europe where it has been safely prescribed for other disorders. As of August 2005, Milnacipran is the subject of a Phase III study and, if ultimately approved by the FDA, will be distributed in the United States.
- Another drug being researched is the use of dextromethorphan, which is sold over the counter as a cough suppressant.
Treatment of fibromyalgia with natural supplements of nutrients
On the market there are supplements to treat fibromyalgia, based on herbs, vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. These supplements can be of help against fibromyalgia by means of the following actions:
- To repair unsufficient amount of nutritients in the body found by fibromyalgia.
- To make the production of neurotransmitters normal, and this will help to improve the local blood circulation in muscles and joint surroundings.
- To improve sleep and relaxation in the muscles during sleep.
- To help for tiredness.
- To reduce pain by an analgesic effect.
Examples of ingredients found in natural rugs against finromyalgia:
- Magnesium - To cure deficiency in the body’s magnesium level.
- 5-HTP - A serotonin precursor to help against serotonin deficiency and thereby improve local blood circulation.
- Melatonin - To improve sleep and relaxation during sleep.
- Rhodiola Rosea extract - To help against fatigue.
- Ginger Root - To treat pain and inflammation in muscles and joints.
Treatment of fibromyalgia with physical therapy
Classical massage or other types of physical therapi, for example a couple of times each week, can also help to increase blood flow, reduce tension, reduce stiffness and thereby take away pain.
Ciropractic therapy or therapy by a naprapat or othermanipulation therpy can help in many instances.
Many patients find temporary relief by applying heat to painful areas.
Treatment of fibromyalgia with psychotherapy or relaxation therapy
Fibromyalgia has a strong component of excessive tension in colunatary muscles and in smooth muscle tissues in the plood vessels. To achieve a deeper relaxation will often alleviate the symptoms of fibromyalgia. There are many ways of learning the mind and body to relax.
Cognitive behavioral therapy has been shown to improve quality of life and coping in fibromyalgia patients and other sufferers of chronic pain.
Neurofeedback has also shown to provide temporary and long-term relief.
Meditation or yoga methods of relaxation may help for fibromyalgia. Sitting down some period each day and listen to some soft and sensual music can give the same effect as meditation.
Other conditions that can resemble fibromyalgia
Some diseases can cause symptoms of the same kind as fibromyalgia. For some of these diseases, there are objective physical tests. For other there are not any exact test that can distinguish them in all instances, for example: Depression, gulf war syndrome, tension mysositis syndrome, whiplash-associated diorder and chronic fatigue syndrome. Perhaps also there exist mixed conditions between these syndromes and fibromyalgia. These diseases are:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Gulf War syndrome
- Influenza that has taken a chronic character
- Lead poisoning
- Lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Lyme disease
- Mercury toxicity
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Tension myositis syndrome - Thyroid disease
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Whiplash-associated disorder
Advices against chronic tiredness ane exhaustion - like chronic fatigue syndrome - SFS
Many people go through each day feeling exhausted and tired mentally and physically or feeling constantly sleepy. Often one olso sleeps poorly, or sleeps excessiely, and the sleep does not take away the exhaustion.
This feeling of exhaustion can sometimes be only a feeling, without one being weaker mentally, weaker muscularly or with reduced condition to stay actie. Uaually the feeling of exhaustion is combined with a real reduced physical and mental capacity.
The real reduction of capacity for actiities is howeer often not so graet as it is felt. One is often stronger than one feels. This hidden strength can be useful when one decides to combat the tiredness.
CAUSES OF CHRONIC TIREDNESS AND EXHAUSTION
Chronic fatigue syndrome is a neurological disease that often occur suddenly and often after a viral infection. The main symptoms of the disease is emotional, cognitive and physical exhaustion and feeling of being sleepy and tired. Other common symptoms are poor sleep, joint and muscle pain, sore throat and tender lymph nodes.
The symptoms tend to aggravate after a short period of activity and are not well settled by sleep or rest. The symptoms must have existed at least in 6 months for the diagnoses to be given and there must not be another specific disease present that have tiredness as a main symptom.
Common diseases where tiredness are a main symptom are hypothyroidism, depression and fibromyalgia. Nearly any kind of chronic disease will have tiredness as a symptom. Tiredness will also often rise from conditions like anemia, cancers, inflammatory bowel diseases, celiac disease and heart insuficiency.Chronical tiredness should always be investigated by a doctor because it can be a sign of something serious.
Often however tiredness is a result of a bad lifestyle with a poor diet, excessive activity, stress, lack of exercise and bad sleeping habits..If the life situation give constant struggle and worry, chronic tiredness will often be a result. Also where there is a specific disease causing the symptoms, lifestyle causes may contribute too.
Deficiency of vitamins and minerals often contribute to tiredness and exhaustion, and such deficiency is often directly caused by a bad diet. Many people have iron deficiency. Such deficiency will give general symptoms before the blood count is affected.
PRACTICAL ADVICES AGAINST TIREDNESS
Here are some practical advices that may be helpful for tiredness caused by bad lifestyle and also help to decrease the tiredness by chronic diseases in addition to specific treatment against the actual disease..
- Get enough sleep. Try to go to bed before 11 o'clock each evening and sleep at least.7 hours. Taking a siesta in the middle of the day and sleep somewhat less in the nigh can also work well.
- Regular exercise are very effective against chronic tiredness and exhaustion, and to improve sleep quality. Condition exercises like swimming, running cycling and skiing have the best effect. The exercises must of course be adjusted to your medical situation.
- Do some regular yoga exercises, for example at the days you do not do condition training. These exercises stimulate the internal organs to work better. The internal organs support the whole body with distribution of oxygen and nutrients and with elimination of waste. By chronic tiredness these functions often work poorly.
Some regular meditation helps you to relax and gives you good sleep, and thereby makes you less tired. Meditation also stimulate your internal organs to work better.
- A good diet with all necessary nutrients will counteract tiredness and exhaustion. You should eat 3-4 good meals each day.
- In each meal there should some ingredients giving energy like full corn bread, cereals, beans, peas, potatoes and sweet fruit. There should be some protein sources like lean meat, fish, poultry, seafood, mushrooms and lean diary products.
- You should also eat some almonds, sunflower seeds and nuts. These food types both give you a healthy type of fat and protein. Each meal should also contain some vegetables and fruits.
- An extra supply of vitamins and minerals can sometimes help to overcome tiredness. It is for example important to get enough iron. Too much iron will however be bad for the health and give the opposite effect.
- You should reduce the consume of sweets, sweetened drinks, cakes, snoops and fast food.
- Some coffee and tea can help you to overcome tiredness. To much of these stimulate however, will give you bad sleep quality and contribute to chronic tiredness.
About the ingredients of Anatrin
Magnesium- In patients with fibromyaliga, magnesium levels are often found to be low or deficient when compared with subjects who do not have symptoms of fibromyalgia. Some patients may show normal serum levels of magnesium, but intracellular levels are often deficient. A blend of intravenously injected vitamins and minerals, called a Myer’s Cocktail, containing high amounts of magnesium has resulted in decreased and even complete resolution of fibromylagia symptoms. IM and IV Magnesium given alone have demonstrated effectiveness in reducing chronic muscle complaints.
Ascorbigen and Broccoli Powder- Ascorbigen is one of the most common medicinal compounds, called indoles, released when cruciferous vegetables are cooked. These types of indoles can induce Phase I detoxification in the liver. A clinical trial was conducted at National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon where patients with fibromyalgia were given both 100 mg of ascorbigen powder and 400 mg of broccoli powder for one month. Patients experienced a significant reduction in both physical impairment and total fibromylagia impact scores.
Rhodiola rosea Extract- Rhodiola is a medicinal plant that is used clinically to treat functional fatigue and mild cognitive decline. The compounds in this plant have been shown to increase ATP production. This is particularly helpful in fibromyalgia because ATP availability is important for working muscle and preventing fatigue.
Ginger root Extract- Ginger is an herb with a long history of use throughout Asia and ancient Greece for rheumatic disorders. A clinical trial of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and muscular discomfort demonstrated relief of pain with dried ginger consumption in all patients with muscle pain. As well case histories from patients with rheumatoid arthritis who have used ginger as an adjunct treatment cite additional relief over conventional medication alone.
5-HTP- A number of clinical studies have examined the role of serotonin and the precursor, 5-HTP, in patients with fibromylagia. One clinical trial involved a 90 day trial of supplementation with 5-HTP in patients with fibromyalgia. Nearly 50% of patients investigators noted a good or fair clinical improvement in symptoms such as number of tender points, anxiety, pain intensity, quality of sleep and fatigue . Another double blind placebo controlled trial also showed that all clinical parameters studied were significantly improved by treatment with 5-HTP when compared to placebo.
Melatonin- Melatonin is a naturally produced biochemical that is secreted from the pineal gland at the base of the brain, which controls circadian rhythms and plays a major role in sleep cycles. Numerous studies have shown a link between melatonin levels in patients with fibromyalgia. Typically patients with fibromyalgia have lowered secretion of melatonin at night, which may partially explain impaired sleep at night, fatigue during the day, and changed pain perception .A clinical trial demonstrated that supplementation at bedtime with melatonin can significantly improve tender point count, severity of pain and sleep .
Malic Acid- Malic acid is a naturally occurring chemical found most notably in apple juice. It helps improve absorption of some nutrients like magnesium. A randomized double blind placebo controlled trial showed that supplementation with a proprietary tablet of malic acid and magnesium, given at a high dose over 6 months resulted in significant reductions in the severity of all 3 primary pain/tenderness measures without adverse effects .
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is nutritional in nature and should not be construed as medical advice. This notice is required by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.